Blog Post #6


My initial experience with Diigo is that it is a great way to keep your annotations organized. It is a proficient way to make comments on other people's work as well. This is useful to me because I have to do a lot of annotations for my other classes. I like that I can save articles to Diigo, and it makes web browsing a lot easier and more reliable. I also like that I have control over how much information I can share with other people.  

The thing I like about blogging is that it helps me process what I have been learning. It also gives me room to process the questions that are asked and study the topics I read about in the past week. What I have learned about the blogging process is that knowing that you are going to publish something makes you think a little bit more about what you are writing. I guess the thing I may not like about blogging too much is that I think we could do this over a discussion board. But I understand that it is a way to be exposed to other software that we could potentially use one day. 

One tool that I have used in another class that I have really enjoyed was Xmind. Xmind is a mind map that allows you to create flow charts about a subject you may be working on. I did mine on a few novels and how they all connected, and it really helped me to see the bigger themes across multiple books. The application was easy to use and allowed you to use color-coding. The process of saving it to my computer was also pretty easy. This is the link: 

https://www.xmind.net/download/

Comments