Blog Post #9

 1.) What I like about distance learning is that I can go at my own pace. Although, it is harder to receive good and thorough instruction from an email rather than hearing it from the professor in person. Not that the instructions we receive are bad, it is just different when you hear them directly. When I am a teacher, I will do my best to start as connected with my students as possible by setting up office hours online and giving videos with instruction so that my students can hear my voice and see my actions. 

2.) Open Educational Resources are tools that any teacher can share and use. People contribute to different websites and allow others to remix or build off of what they have created. The property rights allow everyone to use them free of any charge. The link below is an article talking about OERs and giving the reader a good summary of what they are. 

https://theihs.org/blog/open-educational-classroom-resources/?gclid=CjwKCAjwloCSBhAeEiwA3hVo_fG1Fq3kQWaMQaccD0ryen6ISn_9mGO8dCFpkypj_xWgnOtbnir7iBoCTEUQAvD_BwE

3.) In these past two PowerPoint assignments, I have learned many new skills, especially in the most recent assignment. I did not know how to hyperlink within the document, and I think that was a useful skill to learn. I was not a huge fan of the fact that I may or may not use many powerpoints that are that detailed in the classroom. However, it was a useful skill to learn in case I do. 





                                            




Badge #21: My Favorite Online Course 
There is a website called Coursera that allows you to take small courses from other universities so that you can gain knowledge quickly. It is more of a hub that you can go to that gives you multiple links to different courses. They also have a place where you can get online certifications. This is good for people who need certifications and may be required to take courses. 
https://www.coursera.org/



Badge #22


Badge #23
Sometimes I turn on the webcam, and sometimes I don't. It all depends on the nature of the situation. If I have a presentation over Zoom, then I will put my camera on. I make sure that I am dressed appropriately and that I look at least somewhat professional before I turn my camera on. I do not have an opinion on someone who does not turn their camera on. I think their work off the camera proves whether or not they are paying attention. I guess I would think that the professor should turn their camera on because they are being paid to work there. It would be hard to participate if the Professor did not turn their camera on. 

Comments