Blog Post #10

  •  I think that as a teacher I will use data collection in upperclassmen, high school classes. I think gathering surveys and data for this age group is important because they would be able to fill out surveys well. And since I want to be an English teacher, I think a good reason to do a survey is to gauge how a student is feeling about a workload. At this age, an 11th grader may be reading some lengthy texts and novels, and the work could possibly be daunting. Gathering that information could be helpful for future classes and what you can improve. 

  • I think I found that a lot of people really care about the work that they want to do as future teachers. I have found that many students think alike and like me, but we also have different opinions at the same time. That is the beauty of teaching, we all have unique thought processes and so students will get different learning experiences. They aren't better or worse, they are just different. 

  • I have not seen this form of teaching before in my college career. I like the idea in that it gives a good way for students to earn more tokens, but it can also be challenging. The reason I say this is that if a student is struggling with coursework, it would be counterproductive for them to do more work in order to excuse the work they can't accomplish. They might as well do the original assignment. That being said, in light of distanced learning and how prevalent that is becoming, I think this method of teaching will find its place in the online education world. 

  • I would love to get some hands-on experience with one of those whiteboards that is electronic. I think this is such a cool tool. I know that it is not exactly what we have been learning about in this class, but I would love to learn about some tools in the classroom that aren't on the computer. I think the best thing I could learn is how to apply all that I learned in this class. There are tools that I have yet to even encounter that I am sure I will want to learn. 








Comments